Saturday, November 1, 2008

Yes, we are alive

..but barely! It's been a whirlwind since we returned from Germany. The good news is, Geoff is doing really well and we are amazed at how quickly his body is responding to the surgery. He is in the gym every day and I've been very thankful for his cautious yet persistent approach to physical therapy. As for the trip home..it wasn't bad at all. We had a direct flight from Munich to Denver, and Geoff didn't start complaining until about the 8th hour on the plane. Not too bad! He got up to walk around every hour and that seemed to help a ton. Logan was a superstar and had no problem adjusting back to Denver time. Thank goodness!!

The sad news is, I started back to work last week. We found a lovely lady to watch Logan Tues-Thurs while I am in the office. She is just a few minutes from our house and also watches a 15 month old little boy in her home. I am glad that Logan will have a buddy to play with once he is a little older. I cried many a tear last week, but overall things couldn't have gone better and it certainly helps that I love my job. I am very thankful to have had almost 4 months of maternity leave with Logan. There is nothing like being a full time mommy, but for now we'll just have to make the most of our 4 day weekends together.

Here are some pics from our last few days in Germany.

Downtown Munich was only ten minutes from our hotel- what an amazing city.





The English Garden happens to be one of the largest public parks in the world. We stumbled upon it one day while out for a stroll.

Who would have thought this guy was a week post surgery!
My happy little boy



3 comments:

Heather said...

I love the picture of you with Logan -2nd from the bottom. SOOOO sweet with his skinny little mama.

Stefany Gess said...

What a beautiful city. I am glad you both got to see some of it. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

nadhirah said...

waw..german? nice place to visit.