It's 3:30am on October 16th, so I can officially say Happy Birthday to my sweet husband. For those of you who are wondering why I'm up so late, I'm blaming LST. Ever heard of it? It stands for Logan Standard Time. Until a few nights ago, he had been crashing around 5am and would sleep a good 8 hours. I think his clock is slowly adjusting to the time zone here, and at this rate he will be on German time by Sunday night. Did I mention that we head back to Colorado on Monday?? We knew this would happen, so I've tried not to stress about it too much.
Here's the latest on Geoff: he was released from the clinic on Monday afternoon and is recovering nicely. His pain level is on and off throughout the day, but his spirits are high. As his Dr. put it, "Your mechanics are fixed, now go and live your life." This was said right after he shoved Geoff twice in the side to throw him off balance. It definitely caught us off guard (I almost passed out) but it was done to make a point. He reminded me that I'm not Geoff's doctor or his mom, but his encourager. Hmmm...I'm wondering how much Geoff had to pay him to say that.
Here's the latest on Geoff: he was released from the clinic on Monday afternoon and is recovering nicely. His pain level is on and off throughout the day, but his spirits are high. As his Dr. put it, "Your mechanics are fixed, now go and live your life." This was said right after he shoved Geoff twice in the side to throw him off balance. It definitely caught us off guard (I almost passed out) but it was done to make a point. He reminded me that I'm not Geoff's doctor or his mom, but his encourager. Hmmm...I'm wondering how much Geoff had to pay him to say that.
We took a picture with Dr. Zeegers before leaving and he made us promise to send pictures of Geoff once he is back on his bike. We certainly will.

This was taken at about 2am yesterday..looks exhausted, huh?
4 comments:
Love the pics! Keep them coming... :)
thanks for the update. I bet Logan will adjust quickly once back home. Can't wait to see you guys. Happy birthday Geoff.
Happy birthday Geoff. It looks like you're on the mend and I'm sure that you will continue to make good progress. You've got moxie!
Dad
All I can say... we can't wait for you to be home.
Post a Comment