Friday, October 10, 2008

I am married to a bionic man...

...and a really cute one at that. Well, Logan and I are finally in Geoff's room after a long day of waiting. The surgery was scheduled for 11:30am but we weren't able to see Geoff until 7pm. This wasn't due to any complications, just different protocol than in the states. The surgeon, Dr. Zeegers came in to talk with us shortly after I arrived. He was very pleased with the way everything went and very confident after seeing the "severe degeneration" in the discs that the 2 level replacement was exactly what Geoff needed. Dr. Zeegers told Geoff to take it easy tonight, but for us to plan on a nice walk outside tomorrow. You can imagine that Geoff was glad to hear that. He is in great spirits and we are both beside ourselves with joy that the operation was a success. As for the clinic and the staff, we couldn't be more impressed. The clinic is as nice as it gets and the nurse staff are fantastic. I can't even say enough about Dr. Zeegers and his personal approach to his patients. You always want your Dr. to take an interest in your story, and this doctor definitely took to Geoff. For those interested, Geoff will be posting on a separate forum that was created specifically for prospective patients. It may be dry at times, but feel free to follow it: http://www.ispine.org/forum/surgery-blogs/1120-geoffs-blog-alpha-kilinik-l4-l5-s1.html. Scroll down or select the next page to read his last post from today.


Words can't express the gratitude we feel to the Lord for providing this as an option to Geoff, and secondly for the support system you all have provided along the way.

Way to go, daddy!



The perfect medicine


My dad rocks!

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Praise God for the great news! Geoff looks great... and it looks like Logan was happy to see his daddy after such a long day. Get some rest now!

Love to you!

Heather said...

You have me in tears, Fins! I have been praying all day and a bit worried since I couldn't just call. I am not liking that part about this trip, but I am LOVING the great news about results. I can't wait to see you both. Keep posting. God is good!!!
Love you all to bits. Squeeze Logan for me.

Stefany Gess said...

Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, we have been praying and are so happy to hear this update. Looks like Logan was cheering Daddy on. Can't wait to hear more. Love you guys.

Jessi said...

Thank the good Lord!!! I have been worried to death and checking the blog like crazy for an update, so we are SO RELIEVED to finally hear something, and for it to be good news! Words cannot express how thankful we are for the apparent results of the surgery. We are SO glad that it worked out for you and Logan to be there with Geoff! We love you guys and can't wait to talk to you in person! Get some (much needed) rest!
Hugs and Kisses,
J, A, B, & H

Unknown said...

GG, Steve Austin (aka The Bionic Man) and Baby Logan. Thank the Lord for a successful surgery! I love the blog...I love the pictures...I love the good news, thanks for the updates. We will continue to pray for a "fast fast" recovery and a flawless return to where you belong...home! Dan-O

Nikki said...

BTW, Bryan wants to add: "Go Gators!" (and you know how much it pains him to say that). That's love, man.