Sunday, October 12, 2008

Progress report

It has been two days since the surgery and Geoff is doing really well. We went on a small walk yesterday and the fresh air was just what he needed. Today, we went for a longer walk to an outdoor mall and got some lunch. Actually, I had lunch while Geoff watched. He is pretty much starving at this point. The only thing they have allowed him to eat is soup (more like broth), toast, and this afternoon he had some mashed potatoes. Water is about the only thing he can drink, so he asked me to sneak him a cup of apple juice yesterday. Come on. Who does he think he's dealing with?

The nurse indicated that Geoff would be checked out either tomorrow or Tuesday, so we are hoping for tomorrow. That being said, Geoff will stay as long as they feel necessary (had to throw that in since my parents will be reading this..:).

Play time - I can be creative when I need to be:)


Look who's up and walking around!


Uli - our favorite nurse


Uli loves Logan to death

4 comments:

Dave said...

Yes, a good report! Thanks for keeping us informed. It looks like Geoff is on the way to a speedy recovery for which mom and I are very thankful. Take your time but hurry home. Blessings to all.
Love, Dad

Nikki said...

Yeah! You all look FANTASTIC. Miss you and can't wait to see you all when you get back home! :)

Heather said...

We missed you at church tonight, but gave the good report. Dan and Mom were there with the kids so that was then next best thing to having you home. I love the pictures. Honestly Geoff, you could at least try to look a little more pained or something... I am going to start questioning whether or not you reeeaaallly had surgery or if this was just your way of getting in a European vacation.
HA! Love you!!

Stefany Gess said...

Such good news! We miss you! Logan looks like he is growing up overnight. We are continuing to pray for healthy and steady recovery for Geoff and strength for you Grace. love you guys