Logan David Finley arrived on Monday, July 21st at 8:18pm, weighing 7 lbs 14 oz and 21 in long. The whole day already seems like somewhat of a blur to me, but all things considered, I couldn't have asked for a better labor. We checked in at 7:30am and by 9am, I was all hooked up and ready for action. Since I was only 1.5cm dilated, it took a while to get things going. By 1pm, my contractions were stronger and stronger, and I got an epidural around 3pm. Within the hour, my Dr broke my bag of water and that was all it took to get things moving. I went from 4-9.5cm dilated in just over 2 hrs. Geoff and my sister, Elizabeth, were with me until the very end. I couldn't have asked for a better team to help encourage me. After two days in the hospital, we finally came home on Wednesday afternoon. My wonderful mom has been taking care of us all ever since, and will be here for a few more weeks. We can't wait for my dad to come visit next week as well.
We are beside ourselves with joy and praise to God for our special gift. Thanks to all our dear friends for your calls, emails, and prayers this week. As soon as we get into somewhat of a routine at home, I hope to post more frequently. Until then, click on the photo below to see some pictures of our pride and joy.
5 comments:
Yeah!
Thank you SO much for dropping by yesterday... I actually teared up when you left, I was so happy to be able to see that little guy. We are just so grateful to God for that adorable little blessing! :)
Love to you, Nikki
Congrats! Logan is such a cutie, I can't wait to meet him!
Kari
I love love love the pictures. You are a champ, and the mommy of a beautiful handsome little boy. I love the way Geoff looks in the pictures, like he is in heaven. Ourt prayers are continually with you as you adjust to parenthood but I know you are already awesome. We love you!!
Stef
Love you all tons!! We are so thankful for little Logan and look forward to having him join our "family nights." You were great,
Grace and you both are going to be terrific parents.
XOXOXOXO
Heather
Logan is absolutely adorable! More pictures!!!
Love, Miss Sherri
Post a Comment